Saturday 3 March 2012

Ghost Printing

 A method I've never used before, pretty simple and it really can look very effective. Just layering emulsion paint and newspaper and then a bit of elbow grease after to rub away the layers. I came across the top images in a newspaper and tried ghost printing them just as samples or testers really. I liked the way that you can control how much of the image you reveal and how clear the picture is- the more you rub away the more you can see. I did get a bit over enthusiastic and rub away too much of the picture a couple of times but I quite like the effect. This process could be used to represent the loss of memory or the ability to think intellectually- removing layers and rubbing away at a memory until it can barely be seen.

 Being able to photocopy the ghost prints meant that I could work over them in the print room, this time with coins and dates. I think it looks quite effective, but ugly at the same time.
Experimenting with materials and ghost printing an old book page onto canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment