Tuesday 3 January 2012

Collecting Photographs

So, after the disaster that was the first walk, I decided I needed to go back and take some pictures that I could actually work with. Since I spent most of my time on the first walk looking at the ground I concentrated on the texture and patterns of the paths we walked on and the contrast between the more rural areas of the route and the more urban areas. I took a photo every so often along the route and arranged them in the order they were taken. 
I was expecting the photos taken in the woods and the park to be more interesting that those taken in of the tarmac pavements and roads simply because I thought the leaves and pebbles etc would be more visually exciting than the grey pavements.. However, I have to say that this isn't the case. The shapes and patterns made by the road markings etc are quite exciting and I think there's something about the photos all being similar shades of grey that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment