Friday 20 January 2012

The Northern Art Prize- Leeds City Gallery

We were lucky enough to see the shortlisted artists for The Northern Art Prize on the same day that the winner was announced at Leeds City Gallery. Although, after seeing the work first hand I think it'd be fair to say that none of the work really captured my imagination, I didn't have an immediate connection to any of the pieces the first time round. I did however warm to the work of James Hugonin, probably just because of how labor-intensive each piece is and the amount of time and dedication he must have put into the collection. I think I'd have liked him to win the prize. Unfortunately he didn't and Leo Fitzmaurice did. My least favourite out of all the shortlisted artists. 
 Leo Fitzmaurice
Liadin Cooke

Richard Rigg
James Hugonin
http://www.northernartprize.org.uk/2011-prize/shortlist

No comments:

Post a Comment