Wednesday 11 January 2012

Viewing the work of Genzken made me want to try similar techniques for myself using the same twig shape as I have been doing throughout the project. Peeling the top layer of cardboard off left me with a much more textural surface to work on, two I left alone and the third I painted with white emulsion. As the scale of the twigs differs quite dramatically from that of Genzken's mirrors I decided against using any newspaper or magazines over the shape but still wound thin strips of electrical tape around the shapes. I really like the effect created by this method and it really is pretty simple!


Out of the three shapes I bound this is my favourite, painting the shape white made the shadows stand out more. On the first twig I feel that there is too much conflict between the colours, probably because the shape I was winding the tape round was so small. I chose to just use a couple of colours on the final twig and think this looks much more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment