Wednesday 16 November 2011

Fine Art

While working with the shirts and discovering less conventional ways to wear them I started thinking about the type of people that would wear a shirt day in day out and how repetitive it would be wearing this kind of uniform. I decided to make small origami shirts using photocopies of the original garment with the colours altered. The very nature of folding the paper over and over again soon became quite repetitive and I think this mirrored my thoughts on wearing the same uniform every day. One feature of the shirts that I really like is how the buttons and seams on the photocopies have ended up in unusual places on the small shirts and also how the stripes are so disjointed. If i was to do this again I would probably take more time when cutting out the paper pieces and try to select the areas more carefully to create more interesting patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment