Wednesday 2 November 2011

My Life in Four Objects- Object Two

Object Two- Late Childhood
The photograph is of my brother and I and was taken eight years ago when I was ten and my brother was six. We were in Cornwall on a family holiday and went to a small town called Lynton and Lynmouth. My Nana and Grandad asked if we wanted to have a special photo taken where we got to dress up. I remember how the the velvet bodice and the silk of the skirt felt, but most of all I remember how heavy the dress was. This photograph and the memories that go with it are very special to me because they're from a time when my Grandad was healthy and he was the one looking after us, rather than it being the other way round. Even though he is unwell now and remembers very little he still likes looking at this photograph. I'm not sure if he knows who the people in the picture are but as long as he's getting some sort of enjoyment from looking at it then that's all that matters to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment