Wednesday 30 November 2011

Sean Scully- Colour


Colour work isn't something that I usually find attractive but one of the tasks in theory was to find an artist who works with it, so I kind of had no choice but to go trawling the internet in search of something I liked. I came across Sean Scully and his work and I have to admit that I do actually quite enjoy it. I think what I find attractive about these pieces is how the colours harmonize and the fact that they are all different tones and shades of eachother. The way the colour blocks have been arranged is another thing that i find attractive, they seem structured and you can tell each one has been intentionally placed to compliment those around it. I prefer this approach to some of the pieces of work I've seen where the colours don't look as though they belong together, as though someone has just plonked random colours on a page and called it art. I have been told that the positioning and placement of the colours is very important and well thought out in these pieces and that apparently it's harder to do than you think, I'm yet to be convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment