Wednesday 19 October 2011

My Life in Four Objects- Object One

Object One- Early Childhood
One of my earliest memories is of this lamp and the stories my Dad used to tell me at bedtime. I was given the lamp as a present the day I was born by my Auntie and Uncle and for the first twelve years of my life it sat on the dressing table at the side of my bed. I used to pretend I was afraid of the dark so that my Dad would come and turn the lamp on and tell me stories about Mrs Pippin (the hedgehog in the picture) and all the adventures she had during the day. After a few years of the Mrs Pippin stories it got to the stage where I was pretending I was scared of the dark so much that I did actually start having a phobia! To this day I still don't like being in the dark, although I've grown out of the lamp so just have to leave the landing light on.

No comments:

Post a Comment