Tuesday 18 October 2011

Urban Fox at the Southbank Center



I think the reason why I loved this piece so much is because it really did take me quite by surprise. The last thing I expected to see when walking past the Southbank Center was a giant fox sculpted out of straw!( Perhaps if I'd have been more organised and informed on the exhibitions etc. in London then it wouldn't have had the shock factor, so for once I'm kind of grateful i'm not a very organised person.) The scale of the animal   was amazing and it really did look quite at home sat on the roof of the building. I'd read on the Pirate Technics (the group who built the fox)  website that they often burn their work once it's been displayed, personally I don't like the thought of them burning such a beautiful fox!

No comments:

Post a Comment