Wednesday 19 October 2011

Photography, Week One

 What I like most about this particular photograph is how the wood has several deep scratches and chunks mussing fro its surface yet, to me, it still doesn't look damaged. The way the light reflects on the areas where polish has been applied creates beautiful highlights 
 
What I find most attractive about this photograph are the warm tones of the bricks and the way the rich colours harmonize. However, I dislike the angle that the bricks are shown at and think that I should have thought about the composition more and lined them up straighter.
Although these logs have been cut and piled up by man I still think that there is a more natural feel to this image than the others as the subject is not man made. The colours are quite earthy and neutral and the patterns made by the wood and also by the leaves are raw.
I was originally going to discard this photograph because of its mundane nature and drab tones but the more i looked at it, the more I started to like it. I think the lines and curve of the brickwork are quite pleasing to the eye.
The peeling paint and the rusting metal of the bench create a worn effect when captured on camera. The way the light filters through the holes forms a pattern which could almost be mistaken for fabric or material.

No comments:

Post a Comment